So you finally got the ring on your finger and are planning for the wedding. You have always dreamt of a summer wedding near the beach with all that fresh air mesmerizing you. All you want is for the day to be perfect.
Planning a perfect or, near perfect, wedding is not only important for you as the bride. It is very important to your guests and also to your husband to be. It will show that you are strong enough to endure pressure and therefore the best wife for your groom. However, everyone is lazy at some point in life. And there is no better time of being lazy that on your wedding. If you choose to plan the wedding on your own, you will go through some of the toughest months of your life. However, you have an ace up your sleeve that you can put to good use. Call a wedding planner. They take care of everything you need taken care of while you relax and enjoy the ride.
Summer weddings are always beautiful due to the perfect weather. The sun is just right and the beach is perfect. But very many things can go wrong. This is why the following tips will help you plan for your summer wedding accordingly.
Dos of a summer wedding
- Lighter fare. You want to serve something light and warm or cold. Do not serve extremely hot food since there is a lot of heat during this time. For appetizers you can go for fruit skewers of something in that line. Frozen cocktails are also a very good idea for any summer wedding.
- Cooler. It is essential that you have some form of heat relief. It is impolite to let your guests and yourselves, sweat through the ceremony and the party. If the ceremony is outside, tents will work best. If it is in a house or hall, you can use air conditioning to set the temperature right.
- Attire. Ensure that you pick the right attire for yourselves and bridesmaids. If you have a themed wedding, ensure that you tell your guests what to expect so that they wear the right attire. It is important to keep it light. Use lighter fabric and something that can absorb moisture.
- Music. Choose light music. Everything about the summer is light and so do not play metal rock, or anything like that during the event. Play music that will require light dancing too. Heavy dancing will make people sweat and this will not be a nice show.
Don’ts of a summer wedding
- Don’t start the event mid- day. This is the hottest part of the day and so it will be very uncomfortable. You are advised to start the wedding late afternoon or early evening. This time is perfect as the heat has reduced tremendously.
- Don’t forget sunburn. While applying you makeup, ensure that you apply some sun burn. Even if the wedding is late afternoon, you expect it to be cooler but you are not 100% sure. So wear the sun burn just in case.
Kenneth Grisham is an accomplished event planner who takes care of organizing wedding parties, corporate get-togethers, and media events. He recommends you to organize wedding parties on the west coast, since the Bay Area wedding rentals are fairly reasonable, and you can have ample fun on the beach!